Dave Balch cared for his wife
during four bouts with breast cancer.
Now he's sharing what he learned about coping with personal challenges.
The Wall Street Journal
Humorous, poignant stories
plus powerful and inspiring videos from their
leave a lasting impression for long-term retention of key points.
Dave's story resonates with healthcare and corporate
audiences alike, as the lessons he shares apply to most of life's
challenges, not just cancer.
(whether or not in direct patient contact):
- easily translate the cancer experience to many
- gain a new perspective on the patient experience,
- better understanding
- more compassion
- improved patient care
- learn coping skills they can share with patients who
- learn coping skills they can use to deal with their
- gain new appreciation for why they do what they do
- earn 1 unit of CE credit (for appropriate
- easily relate the cancer experience to other
challenges in their own lives or the lives of friends and family
- learn general coping skills they can use to deal with
their own challenges, which will:
- lower stress levels
- allow them to remain more productive
- reduce "down time"
Dave supported his wife through four
successful bouts with breast cancer, going with her to over 270 medical
appointments and caring for her during six surgeries, two rounds of
chemotherapy, and three rounds of radiation treatments. He did everything
from bathing her to making her meals to changing her surgical dressings,
all while maintaining his home software business and taking care of a
ranch, two horses, two cats, two dogs, and a really mean parrot.
(She's doing fine now, and Dave takes all
Most importantly, he and his wife both kept their sense
of humor through it all (well, most of it) as they laughed and
ate their way through the entire ordeal.
Dave says that this experience, although difficult, was
the most rewarding and fulfilling of his life. And, as a professional
communicator, he is in the perfect position to help others. He has a
unique, inspiring, and loving story to share, coupled with the experience,
desire, and ability to share it.
Summary of Accomplishments:
- Profiled in
Wall Street Journal
- Author, Cancer for Two: An Inspiring True Story
and Guide for Cancer Patients and Their Partners, approved by:
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation
- The Wellness Community
- Founder, The Patient/Partner Project
- Sponsored by a major pharmaceutical company that:
- purchased 35,000 copies of Cancer
- sent him to 41 programs in 19 states in 2007 alone!
- Contributing author, Coping with Cancer
- Contributing author, Chicken Soup for the Soul:
The Cancer Book
In his “previous life,” Dave spent over 30 years as an
IT (Information Technology) professional in capacities as programmer,
project manager, database administrator, and consultant. In 1982 he
developed a software tool for database administrators and programmers,
which he sold into the corporate market from his home business for over 20
a printable one-sheet flyer of this program (requires Adobe Acrobat)
Watch video (11:07, includes videos from program)
Call now for more information and to book this unique and
Back to topic index